Monday, February 12, 2007

LOVE!

I'm going to work today on my day off. It seemed like a good idea at the time, now i'm not sure I can be bothered, but I've already said I'd go, so I guess I'd better. Our second chef is making the desserts for Valentine's Day today and I wanted to watch (and maybe eat some of them...). At least we're closed so I won't actually be working.

And I downloaded the Beatles 'LOVE' album which a friend emailed to me ages ago. I'm listening to it the first time now and it's *really* good. Plus it has the coolest artwork.

-R

1 comment:

Steve Androulakis said...

I'm listening to love now..

My favourite songs on the album are:

Eleanor Rigby

I am the Walrus

Drive my car, the word, what you're doing

Strawberry fields forever

Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, I Want You (She's So Heavy), Helter Skelter

Within You Without You, Tomorrow Never Knows

Octopus's Garden

Revolution

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

All of those songs have components that are new to the songs (or just mashups/different takes) and they sound fantastic.

And it's about the point when you name so many 'favourite' songs on an album that you realise that you really like the album, a lot.

It is The Beatles after all!