Monday, June 04, 2007

It was 60 years ago...well, on Friday it was anyway

So yes, last friday was the 40th anniversary of the release of Sgt Pepper's (and before anyone points out that I got my maths wrong, I'd like to alert y'all to the first line which goes 'It was 20 years ago today...', meaning that 40 years later, it would 60 years ago. So there) and I would've forgotten had it not been for my nerdy interweb forums :) anyway someone posted a link to a BBC documentary that had some bands using the original equipment to record covers of some of the tracks from the album....bands like Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Bryan Adams etc. The link is here -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/60sseason/documentaries/sgtpeppers_video.shtml you'll have to copy and paste it because I can't remember how to actually turn it into a...thingy...a hyperlink, or whatever it's called. There's some awesome covers (never thought I would say this, but Bryan Adams was awesome) and some woeful ones (hello Magic Numbers). Not sure how long it's up for.

Anyway in other news...hmm...can't even remember what I last wrote. I'm going up to Brisbane on the 23rd for ReneƩ's 21st, that will be mondo exciting.

-R

No comments: