Saturday, February 04, 2006

Muso joke

Is it sad that I get pretty much all of this joke and find it hilarious, or should I be proud of my theoretical knowledge? Whatever. I love this joke. My friend emailed it to me yesterday - one of the few email jokes I've enjoyed :)

A C, an E-flat, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we
don't serve minors."
So the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between
them.
After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat.
F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.
D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying,
"Excuse
me, I'll just be a second."
Then an A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that
this
relative of C is not a minor.
The bartender then notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar,
causing
him to bach: "Get out now. You're the seventh minor I've found in this
bar
tonight."
The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night
in a
three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes.
The bartender (who used to have a nice corporate job until his company
downsized) says, "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could
be
a 'This proves to be the case', as the E-flat takes off the suit, and
everything else, and stands there 'au natural'.
Eventually, the C sobers up, and realises, in horror, that he's under a
rest.
The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the
diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 yrs of DS without Coda at
an
upscale correctional facility.
On appeal, however, it is found that C is innocent of any
wrongdoing-even
accidental wrongdoing-and that all accusations to the contrary are
bassless.
The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor so
patrons,
and the soprano out in the bathroom, everything has become altoo much
treble; he needs a rest, and closes the bar.

-R

No comments: