Sunday, February 19, 2006

Winter lovin', Trolley Karma and late night cleanups

I'm officially a winter girl. As recently as a year ago, it would take me the better part of a day in the sun with no protection to come anywhere near a sunburn. Today I was outdoors for less than three hours and in the sun for maybe half an hour and my shoulders are sunburnt. Not blistering but rather pink. I've never sunburnt so fast in my whole life (the only other time I've been sunburnt was the 2003 Big Day Out, where I forgot my sunscreen). The only thing I'm annoyed about is that now my shoulders will be much darker than my face.

And yes, I've had some freakin good trolleys this week. Namely on Wednesday at Safeway Kew and yesterday at Coles Church St. They were perfect trolleys! No drifting or anything, steered so smoothly. Perhaps I'm a little too overjoyed by this but it's the little things in life that can really make you happy. I seriously wanted to buy one of them to use as my personal trolley wherever I go from now on.

And lastly, S and I finally got to have music on while we cleaned up the kitchen at work tonight. It's amazing how music changed the mood - usually we're exhausted and just wanting to be out of there as fast as possible, but this time we were actually enjoying doing all the dishes together! Bizarre. I accidentally upended a bucket full of utensils on her with my hose and we just about wet ourselves laughing. It really wasn't that funny and I'm sure it was quite painful for S, but we were so bloody tired that everything was suddenly hilarious. I did six hours tonight and I think I may be finally getting the hang of this dishwashing gig. Hopefully I'll have three nights next week which means I can actually pay for some textbooks.

-R

No comments: