Thursday, August 03, 2006

But you don't really care for music do ya?

Hooray! I learnt a song on guitar today. As the title implies, I learnt Hallelujah, well the Jeff Buckley version anyway. I downloaded the tabs and they turned out to be completely wrong, so I had to sit at the piano and figure it out for myself. Thank god for years of music theory at times like these. I was quite excited because I had a strumming rhythm going and I was making the chord changes okay and everything. And I even sang a couple of times. Very exciting. My mum called down from upstairs 'You've gone all religious all of a sudden!' and I was like 'no, it's originally a Leonard Cohen song' and she's like 'Well derr, I know that. I have all his albums on vinyl.' and I'm like 'WHAT!!!! WHERE!?' Turns out they're with my cousin in Sydney, so I've assigned dad the mission of bringing them back. Apparently my mum has great taste in music. I wanted to keep playing because it was so much fun to make all the chord changes, especially something I figured out myself, but a) it was getting rather late and b) my fingertips are on the verge of bleeding, so I suppose I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

-R

No comments: