Saturday, August 26, 2006

I will soon post a recording of The Special Two by Missy Higgins. I did a trial recording today and it actually sounded pretty good, except for when I missed a page turn (or rather, turned two pages at once) and as a result kind of fucked up the next two bars, and you cna hear my grandmother in the background telling my grand aunt to be quiet because I'm recording. Hahahaha. The chorus has some notes which are quite high for me to sing in my chest voice, and I prefer to record the whole thing live rather than piano and vocals separately because it feels more natural, so I have to be sitting down. I've worked out though that if I hyperventilate a bit before recording and then take deeper breaths than usual, that the notes come fairly easily, even if I do feel rather light-headed by the end. I need to photocopy the book so that I can get rid of some page turns. Special Two isn't too bad because the left hand is mainly minims, and I can turn in between those, but Any Day Now has an impossible page turn that I can only do by cutting out most of the left hand part, so I'll photocopy that. I will try and con Kathryn into recording Nightminds with me because she sings it much better than I do.

-R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can so imagine Ah Mah doing that. And I bet she was 'whispering' too! When I go and stay with her I make sure my mobile is turned way down so she can't hear it. Cos if she can, each time I get a message, she tells me 'Joanne! Your PHONE!'-just in case, I suppose, I don't hear it or feel it buzzing in my pocket...

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is SO like that. Bless. Yes, she was 'whispering'. She has good intentions, what can we say :D